Using the smart 'Notifications' feature, you can set timely alerts and get messaged via email, SMS, HTTPpost, Mobile Push or Automile Inbox.
The different types of notifications and when it gets triggered are as follows:
- Accident – when a vehicle is suspected to have been in an accident. (sometimes, this will also be triggered when vehicle experiences very poor driving behavior).
- Battery Critical Shutdown Device – when the battery of your vehicle is very low and could potentially enable the safety feature of the Automile device to enter “sleep mode”.
- Coolant Temperature – when the coolant temp reaches the threshold.
- Device Connected - when the device is connected.
- Device Disconnected - when the device is disconnected (For older devices, you will be alerted when the device is plugged back in).
- Device Disconnected Heartbeat – when Automile doesn't hear from the device within 24 hours, then you will automatically get alerted.
- Geofence – when the vehicle travels in or out of a geofence (dependant on the type).
- Idling - when the vehicle is on and idles for X number of minutes.
- Inspection Period Start –This feature is for European customers only.
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp - when your vehicle's malfunction (check engine) light is on.
- Monthly Trip Journal - when a monthly summary of trips is available for access.
- Odometer Value - when a certain number of miles is reached, you want to be alerted (normally for oil changes, etc.).
- Recurring Odometer Reminder - when you want a reminder after every X miles about a certain action that you can add as a note.
- RPM - when a certain RPM is reached after X amount of time.
- Scheduled reminders – when you want to be alerted to an action for a specific date and time (example: tire change).
- Speed – when a vehicle reaches a speed threshold.
- Speeding Over Limit - when a vehicle goes X mph over the registered speed limit in that area.
- Trip Ended– when the trip has come to an end, notated by the engine being shut off.
- Trip Started - when the trip has started, notated by the engine turning on.
- Trip with unknown driver - when the vehicle is driven without a driver checking in on Automile.
- Weather Forecast - when you want an alert about weather forecast (Thunderstorm, Snow etc.) for your area.
If you have any further questions, contact us via chat, support at email@example.com or (415)-749-9270.