The concept of users and drivers is that a user is a driver with a physical username and login credentials to login to all our apps. A driver (without a user account) can not log in. The profile is simply if you want to associate and keep metrics associated with a specific driver without giving any actual access to the driver.
- Needs to have e-mail address
- Recommended is also a mobile phone number (to make it easier to create one-time password and password resets)
- Can login to all apps. The security set on the vehicles and fleets apply
- Does not need an e-mail address (but you can supply one as a reference)
- Can't login to any apps or website
What is a fleet?
A fleet is a virtual group that ties users and vehicles together.
Can I create a fleet without vehicles?
If you create a fleet without any vehicles, then you are creating a group of users. These users will be accessible from the admin account.
What if I don't assign a user to a fleet or vehicle?
If you don't assign a user to a fleet or a vehicle, you will lose admin rights over that user and you will not be able to access that user through your account.
If you try to create a new user with the same name and email, you will get an error.
You can resolve this issue by contacting our customer support team via email@example.com or (415) 749-9270.
What if I associate a user to both a fleet and one or more individual vehicles?
If you associate a user to both a fleet and one or more individual vehicles, the user will now be linked to the group, and also have isolated access to the individual vehicles.